18 February, 2008

Strangeness

Today I feel like a "normal" student. I stayed on campus after classes were over because I plan to hang out with friends tonight. First weird experience was eating dinner...all by myself...surrounded by strangers who were also eating. I read my textbook on English grammar to keep myself from feeling suicidal. Then I went to the computer lab (where I am now) to download & print various things. I've gotten decently good at managing "fun" time on the internet, so after I was done scrolling through blogs, Flickr, and YouTube, I -gasp!- did some studying. Man, it would be so much easier to study if I lived on campus. I'm sure there are distractions here, but I feel so ridiculously lonely and faceless that I'm studying child psychology just because it gives some sort of purpose to the evening. Which brings me to another realization. Fencing takes up A LOT of my time, and a lot of my identity is in fencing. Which isn't bad, but it's just interesting to realize that, besides church, fencing takes up an awful lot of time.

Miike (Bubs) just called. Bye.

9 comments:

Jason said...

I know what you mean about studying on campus. My first few semesters, I liked to come home right after my classes finished. Then I realized that it took me about three times longer to get stuff done at home. So now I don't do any homework at home--which means being on campus until 7pm (or later... 9? 10?). Long days, but the best part is that I know I can relax when I'm at home.

Managing "fun" time on the internet--always hard.

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Managing my fun time has gotten so much easier since I got an automated blog reader (I use Google's). I subscribe to blogs, then it checks them continuously and notifies me when there's a new post. So much easier than clicking through a whole list of blogs that might have been updated since I last visited. It's very efficient.

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

PS That "suicidal" reference was a joke...probably not something to joke about, but I did feel drastically lonely for dinner. It was a weird feeling.

Anonymous said...

I need to monitor my internet fun time (so writing this comment makes me feel kinda stupid), Well, I'm off to a dinner party with Harry Carry.

Breka said...

It seems my comments never show up on your blog anymore. Strange. Maybe I'll get around to re posting what I tried to say before you get around to writing a new post. Maybe not.

Anonymous said...

And yet it works now?

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Breka, please do post! I wonder why it's not working the first time...

iJosh said...

What else is strange is that this is posted in "normal" hours.

you guessed it said...

I felt suicidal on Sunday's ski slopes. Mainly cause my brain was like "If you go down this hill, you will die" and my body was like "lala lala lala!!!!!"