20 July, 2006

Traveling

As I laid in bed tonight, reminiscing John's 22nd birthday party and the wonderful friends that I will miss so badly, I began to worry about my European tour. So many thoughts followed each other in my mind that I cried out to God for peace. Where did he lead me? No other place than Psalm 23. Here follows my prayer tonight as I responded to that message.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
I may think I made my European plans, but what do I know? You are providing everything.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
I may not want to follow it, but your guidance has nothing but good in store for me.
He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul.
Your peace is constantly flowing in my life, regardless of circumstances. You will eradicate my sin, regardless of what it is.
He leads me in right paths for his name's sake.
Because you want your glory to be proclaimed, you redeems my actions and make me a shining evangelist.
Even though I walk through the valley of deep darkness I will fear no evil,
I may not see your ultimate plan and wisdom, but what is trust? A firm belief in your ability to fulfill your promises.
for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
No one can take our means of communication away. No one can separate us.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You make it obvious to those who hate me that they can do nothing against me.
you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
What more do I need? Even physical comfort is not beyond your ability, though our relationship is not based on physical things.
Only goodness and mercy (steadfast love) shall follow me all the days of my life,
I have no need to watch my back or hide my trail. You take care of that.
and I shall return to dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
What glory! I WILL live with you, regardless of what happens here and now. Praise you!

No comments: