27 May, 2007

Sunday AM

Family Group

Meditating on Psalm 103

Instructions:

  1. Pray and read
    1. V. 5--God, help me to recognize the good in my life, that my youthful joy and exuberance be restored so I may glorify you!
  2. Write down thoughts that capture my attention
    1. God’s anger does not last forever! (Psalm 30:5)
  3. What does this passage...
    1. ...say about God?
      1. God loves us and demonstrates that love in multiple ways (v. 1-14)
    2. ...say about me?
      1. I am weak and small (v. 14)
    3. ...say about my need for a Savior?
      1. God is over all, and I cannot please him on my own. If I choose not to please him, everything will work against me because I’m not glorifying God (v. 10, 19)
    4. ...tell me to do/not do?
      1. I NEED TO FEAR GOD! (v. 11, 13, 17) I do this by keeping his commandments and his covenant

No comments: