26 May, 2007

Saturday EVE (Josh Harris)

During this sermon, I was extremely convicted of stupidity. You'll see why.

  1. Discernment requires resistance against the way the world wants to shape me in so many ways
    1. By not conforming, I’ll be left out, uncool in the world
    2. “No man can serve two masters” (Matthew 6:24)
  2. Discernment helps us renew the truth, which is a constant necessity
    1. “The Main Thing is to keep The Main Thing The Main Thing”
  3. Discernment requires action
    1. When I refuse to act on what God has shown me, discernment is lost and I am spiritually blind
  4. Discerment requires the Gospel
    1. Knowing God’s word allows me to discern his will
When God convicts me of ignoring him and his word, and I refuse to act on that, I CAN’T SEE! I am spiritually blind--not discerning (i.e. stupid), rebelling, and rejecting the gifts God has given me.
OW

BUT remember God’s mercy! (vs 1--of what, I don’t know, I’ll find out when the messages are online)

No comments: