07 June, 2006

Another Sunday...My Cat Is Still Alive

I typed some of this "Laedelas's Sunday Summary" last Sunday, but failed to post. Here it is!

My pastor preached today on Ephesians 4:11-16.

  • True friendship involves growth, not just a relating. Development must occur!
    • V. 14-though we remain like children in God's sight by relying on him for everything, we must still mature spiritually!
  • How many ministers are in our church? 2? No! There are about 150 of us--we are all ministers. (v. 11 and 12)
    • the church is a body, Christ is the head. Pastors are just different organs of that body.
  • How are others instruments for God's will in my life? How do I respond to that work, and can I make it easier for them? Or is the whole process part of God's work? Actually I had a good example of how to NOT do this today (Wed). I went to get my passport, and the digital pictures I had prepared weren't up to the standards that no one told me about. I had to pay $15 for Polaroid snapshots, which made me mad. Mom was trying to calm me down, and was telling me truths that I simply did not want to hear. I didn't make it too easy for her to speak the truth in love, and I certainly didn't respond gratefully.
  • How am I an instrument in others' lives? How can I communicate God's will to them more effectively?
  • Speak the Truth in love and receive the Truth gratefully! Even if someone is misunderstanding your message, be grateful and loving! Your message might be wrong anyway :-)
  • Leviticus 19:17
  • James 4 I love this passage! V. 5: "5Or do you suppose it is to no purpose that the Scripture says, “He yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us”? That gives me shivers--in a good and fearful way.
  • Why are we together for a purpose, anyway? (The title of this series is "Together For A Purpose) We are together for our good and to proclaim God's glory.

No comments: