23 January, 2006

Hmm....

Haha! I just realized something. For all of you that don't know, iChat (the Apple software for AIM, Jabber, etc.) will allow users to display an "available" message. I often set my "available" message to the song I'm currently playing in iTunes. One of my friends signed on recently, and I noticed that my music selection may or may not be good music in that friend's opinion. I briefly considered choosing a different artist. How silly I am! I shake my head at my silliness.


Perhaps this post was silly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do Jesus use iTunes? If he was your friend whose opinion you were considering, then you should delete the song. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm an engineer. I can't speak English apparently.

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Actually, no, it was Lisa. :-)

The artist I was listening to has called herself a Christian, and the music reflects that. But, hmm...I wonder if Jesus would approve the Nine Inch Nails song that appeared in iTunes oh-so-mysteriously...

:-P

Clear Ambassador said...

I can think of a very few people from whom I would conceal certain music, and other things I do, because they would be a tough stumbling block for them. I wouldn't delete those songs from my computer or stop doing those activities, but neither would I put them up for these people to see, unless specifically asked, or some likewise forcing situation. First consideration is if you are clear in your conscience before Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for you. Second is if, in this particular situation, it will cause a brother, for whom Christ likewise died, to stumble. Nowhere on that list is fear of man, which is both silly and sinful :-)

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

'Twas pure, simple fear of man. Or woman, in this case.

There are certain musicians that I like who I also know have little originality or musical talent. I just like them, but I'm afraid to let others know I listen to them :-P