07 November, 2005

Fiona Apple

I have no idea what her lyrics are exactly, but as I was listening to WYEP, I happened across a Fiona Apple song from her latest album. Another singer whose voice I would love to imitate, but don't have the guts to try.

I only have about 5 boxes left to unpack! You can see the lovely polyurethaned-ness that is called my floor!

I have physics HW tomorrow, a computer program to write, a fencing team to coach, and another road trip to pack for! And now I can register for classes because my parents are generous! There are so many opportunities in my life. I can't seem to tighten the leaks in my ship. I am not sinking, but it seems the cargo of precious opportunities given to me are constantly slipping through cracks. I grab as many as I can, but some I can't balance, and others are just too slippery. Some opportunities I see as valuable, while others do not see the value in them, and encourage me to take other opportunities that have less value to me. Do I let this perspective depress me, or help lift my spirits above drudgery, knowing that I have so many opportunities that I can't grab ahold on all of them? How do I find the wisdom to decide between opportunities?

What is my goal anyway? Well, of course, it's to glorify God and enjoy him forever. Once again, I am indebted to the Westminster Catechism.

Ecclesiastes 4:12
Sweet is the sleep of a laborer, whether he eats little or much, but the full stomach of the rich will not let him sleep.

No comments: